Detailed Course Description
- The 3 stages of labor (including the phases of stage one) and being able to identify common maternal responses to these stages
- Breathing techniques, vocalization and deep relaxation practice with guided imagery and positive affirmations
- Rhythmic movement, labor and pushing positions to facilitate comfort as well as progress
- Sensory Techniques & other non-medicinal options for pain management
- Possible interventions including medication for pain management, induction, assisted delivery and cesarean birth
Kopa Birth uses an integrative approach to childbirth experience. The combination of coping skills presented during class – mindfulness techniques, meditation techniques, breathing techniques, movement and labor positions & pressure techniques – equip women and their birth partners to confidently approach and move through labor more effectively.